Vision and Mission
Demographic change is one of the main challenges European societies are facing today. The growth in the oldest segment of the population, and an increase in chronic diseases, is putting pressure on health and social care costs. EIT Health brings together leading healthcare companies across multiple industry sectors, public and private research centres, and top universities, to create a powerful network of partners with a clear mission: to accelerate entrepreneurship and innovation in healthy living and active ageing by providing Europe’s top talents with new opportunities and resources, for the benefit of all citizens.
EIT Health seeks to address three key challenges by working to:
- Promote healthy living, by increasing awareness of good habits and encouraging changes in our behaviour.
- Support active ageing, by developing tools to help all of us work more flexibly and live longer in our own homes.
- Improve healthcare, through innovations that empower patients.
- Better health
- Economic growth and competitiveness
- Sustainable healthcare systems
An EIT Knowledge and Innovation Community
EIT Health is a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) established by the European Institute for Innovation & Technology (EIT), an independent EU body set up in 2008 to promote innovation and entrepreneurship across Europe.